- Category: Traditional Jewish Recipes
- Written by chefoz
These gnocchi are kosher for Passover.
- 1/2 pound potatoes, peeled
- 1 cups potato flour
- 1/2 cup matzo meal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Boil potatoes until very tender. Cool and mash.
2. Add salt and nutmeg to mashed potatoes, and mix with matzo meal and flour 1/4 cup at a time. The ammount of flour depends on your climate and potato type, so experiment until you get a smooth dough that shouldn't be sticky. Rest for 90 minutes.
3. Roll dough into ropes thick as a finger. Cut pieces 1" long, and indent with a fork. Place cuts on a well floured surface.
4. Bring a pot of salt water (1 teaspoon salt per 1 cup water) to boil. Place gnocchi inside, they should sink. When they begin to rise, take them out and put them on a serving dish.