- Category: Dessert
- Written by Chef Kosher
A terrific snack!
- 4 cups quaker oats
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 14 oz butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp baking soda
- lemon juice from 2 medium sized lemons
1. Mix oats, flour and sugar.
2. On a low flame, melt the butter and honey. Add soda.
3. Pour butter mixture on dry mixture and mix well.
4. Pat down firmly in a greased oven tray.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 20 minutes.
6. Make lemon icing by mixing lemon juice with confectioners sugar to achieve thick consistency.
7. Remove from oven and pour icing. Cut into squares.